Today I post under street food category for blogging marathon in paneer theme. Instant paneer chilla, it’s an instant and quick recipe in which batter prepared with rice and gram flour and stuffing makes with paneer, onion, tomatoes. Its crispy and soo tasty.
Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#12
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 1 cup gram flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp. meetha soda or soda bi carbonate
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 medium sized onion
- 1 medium sized tomato
- 1 green chilies
- Chopped fresh coriander
- 1/4 tsp. carom seeds
- 1 tsp. red chilies powder
- 1/4 tsp. chaat masala
- Pure desi ghee
- In a bowl, add crumbled cottage cheese, fine chopped onion, fine chopped tomato, chopped green chillies, chopped fresh coriander, salt, red chilies powder and mix well.
- In a bowl, add rice flour, gram flour, salt, red chilies powder, carom seeds, meetha soda.
- Now add milk slowly for making smooth batter if batter still thick, add little water so that there should be no lumps in it.
- Add water till it comes to a dropping consistency or just like dosa batter. Now keep it aside.
- Heat the non-stick- tawa, then turn the heat on medium. Put little ghee on tawa & spread 1 tbsp. of batter evenly on it.
- Put some more oil on the top & turn it upside down, so that it should cook inside also.
- Let it be golden and crispy from both sides. Now add 1 tbsp. stuffing on the chilla and fold it.
- Repeat the same with rest of the batter.
- Serve hot with green chutney.
submit this recipe with following events as under: